Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Gunman kills 5 at Utah mall, police say

This took place in Salt Lake City, in a rather popular mall. The victims ranged in age from 15 to 52. Two of the victims were male and two were female. There were also four injured. Apparently, the shooter was only 18 years old, and according to one mall employee, looked rather calm through the whole ordeal. He was well armed, and guess what he was wearing? A trenchcoat. After Columbine, that seems to be the garment of choice for shooters for some reason. I really don't know what to say about this young man. Not so much younger than me even. I really don't know what would possess a person to go to such extremes.

I guess what also makes it so scary is that it took place in a mall. There have been incidences like this before, and each time they scare me because malls in general are open to the public. I have to admit that things like this scare the hell out of me, and that from time to time in a mall, I do look around to see if anyone looks like they mean harm. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I don't think so.

The article can be read here.

No comments: