Friday, February 9, 2007

Anna Nicole Smith Dead at Age 39

This struck me as quite a surprise. Now, I never cared for the woman when she was alive. I will be the first to admit it. I have to admit though that I am very sad that she's dead. A lot of people will try to write her off as a drunk, or a druggy. And while she did enjoy her partying, and while I did get tired of hearing about her, I again am surprised at how sad I am that she actually died.

When someone told me today that she was dead, I had to sit down for just a second. Part of that, I know, is guilt for talking so badly about someone who died rather tragically six months after giving birth and the death of her son. Part of it also though, is the fact that she was kind of like one of those crazy relatives who just drives you mad. At the same time, you don't want them to die. She did always seem incredibly unhappy underneath it all. I hope she finds some peace out there...

The news item can be watched
here.

1 comment:

mightyidalia said...

John, I couldn't have said it better...